Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What Kind of Insurance Do You Want?

bros


On October 22, 2013, Cathleen Decker wrote a story about how Colorado is advertising Obama care insurance differently than we normally would see on ads or TV. The ad comes off as young, careless frat guys just trying to have fun in life. “My girlfriend broke my heart, so me and the bros went golfing. Then my buddy broke my head. Good thing Mom made sure I got insurance." By creating this ad, we can already tell that the insurance is wanting to make this humors but i don't believe this is necessary to adversities in the first place. 


The Obama care also has another line referring to you adults by saying“Keg stands are crazy, not having health insurance is crazier. Don’t tap into your beer money to cover those medical bills. We got it covered, now you can too.” I get that they are trying to strive for younger audience, but i personally wouldn't take this insurance seriously just because of the words they are using when trying to pursed people into buying this insurance. The director that came up with this ad said “We wanted to inject a little bit of humor and have it be fun and have it catch some attention — and sometimes you have to push the envelope a little bit to do that. The idea is really to help those populations realize they have some options.” I get that Obama Care is trying to help out us young adults because don't make a lot of income at the moment and we are trying to finish school, but once again i just cant really take this ad seriously. 


The author Cathleen Decker was wanting to go for a younger audience. Her argument was that she agreed this was funny and that she thinks it as well would help the Obama Care out. I completely disagree with her because not all college students are going to think this is funny. I hope some see like me that if i did get Obama Care that it wouldn't be as "cool" as they are making it seem like.


No comments:

Post a Comment